Saturday, July 18, 2026

Chasing Normalcy

 

I debated on whether I would write a blog, simply because it would boring.

But I know so many of you care how I am doing.

Yesterday, today really good days. I do believe I have turned the corner and will look at brighter days ahead until, well, next treatment.


I suffered today in a search for normalcy.

Life has been weird, understandably

My friend Terri invited me to go out to lunch and I thought, you know what? Why not. I was feeling good.

I stepped on the scale today and I am down eight pounds since I started treatment. I was bound and determined I was going to eat.

Light food. Tasty.

I got a cocktail. It’s called a painkiller. I didn’t even see what was in it, I ordered it. Wow, was it good and I couldn’t even taste the booze, which is good because every booze I try burns. A 400 calorie drink with pineapple juice, OJ, cream of coconut and rum.

Yeah, awesome. I am going to try to make one at home.

I ordered pot stickers and an Ahi Tuna Salad.

Terri asked, “Should you be eating that Ahi tuna?” And I was like if I can eat it and it tastes good, yes.



Everything popped and tasted so good. Then I realized that everything I had was sweet. The pot stickers had a ginger dipping sauce and the salad had a banana ginger dressing. I ate what I could and filled up fast, but I did have some more when I got home.

Three hours … not sick. Yay me!

So I got my medical marijuana card and excitedly had my ‘consultation’ with the pharmacist and hurriedly went to the medical marijuana store. I didn’t know what to get.

I went in and expected something else. Instead I am greeted with a woman wearing scrubs and stepped into a waiting room that looked like an Urgent Care.

Carpenter’s Music played over the speakers.

Such a feelin's comin' over me. There is wonder in 'most ev'ry thing I see

How eerily surreal.

I thought wow this is really clinical, until I was called to the back to meet with the bud master, or bud tender and this girl looked more of a stoner than my son.

She helped me get some stuff. I still haven’t tried it. No reason, I’m feeling pretty good.

Sorry for the boring blog!

5 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you had a good day.
    A friend of mine made me one of the painkiller drinks one day. That coconut and pineapple combo made it delicious. However, about an hour after I drank it, I couldn’t slap my ass with both hands. It snuck up on me and I had to go take a nap.🀦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had a good day! And I hope there is many more to come!! I'm gonna have to try that drink 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the ginger in the sauce and the dressing helped keep your stomach calmed down. Maybe making ginger tea and sipping it before eating or during your meal or snack might help in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well & im so glad to hear it, Jackie! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ I’m glad you and Teri were able to get together too. ☺️πŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m happy that you are able to enjoy some time with friends and eating good food. I pray that this Cancer is taken from your body. In Jesus name I pray.

    ReplyDelete