Funny thing happened … and I’ll get to it in a minute.
Had a good day. Although last night I couldn’t sleep. I am
pretty sure it was the steroids they pumped into me. But I was fine with it. It
was actually nice not to be tired.
My son and Daughter in law covered for me at the church and
VBS.
Special shout out to Margaret L for the wonderful gift box
she sent me. It was amazing.
Okay onward., So, like my book, Heaven Shall Fall has been
out for a while, and I included it in my recent compilation and forgot there
was a note at the end saying that there was an original version that I completely
changed, and if anyone wanted a copy reach out. No one ever has.
Not gonna lie, since I haven’t had any self published new
releases money has been tight. Especially since my savings took a hit before I
got that cool new medical coverage. I was never rich to begin with but this …eh,
I’ll get through it. I have bigger things to worry about.
I want to rely on my gifts to make a living. I hope during
this all I don’t become irrelevant and no one wants to read me anymore.
Trying to think of ways to utilize my backlog, asking God to
show me a way. I get two, not one, two emails yesterday asking for the original
version of Heaven Shall Fall.
I go into my archives of files pre 2003. And there it is.
Then it hit me. What if I put together a compilation of my
pre 2000 works that I totally rewrote.
Just until this new release comes out next month. It may or
may not work, but people may be interested.
While looking through those files, I found books I never
published, and my very first manuscript written when I was 14. ‘They will
Destroy Us.’ I had scanned it back in 2007. It’s horrendous, and typed up on
different types of paper thrown in a notebook.
2007 was the scan date, heck that was before anyone on
Kindle was even writing apocalypse fiction.
So I am gonna see what I can do. Just need to figure out if
I put it on Amazon or another site for people to get. Maybe the older books
will inspire people to look into my backlog. Or be curious and say, ‘Hey I
liked this book, what was different?’
Um, swearing and sex in the older versions. Boy did I clean
up.
I spent this afternoon starting it. And am resolved to
finish my humorous autobiography about what shaped my writing. I will not
include the cancer in there. The book is already half finished. I always
occasionally write a chapter. But I think I’ll finish it.
I will get back on track. Just life, you know, throws a
curveball and you got to figure out how to hit it out of the park eventually.
Update on my head, I am still losing hair, I expect to be a shiny bald head here soon. I am thinking of going to get temporary tattoos, I’m thinking Bam Bam Bigalow style.
Anyhow last, the funny thing that happened today.
I went to get my daughter today for a coffee run and pick up
the Walmart order. I always pull straight into her driveway, then back up,
swinging to my left into the parking pad then turn to pull straight out.
It’s an everyday thing. Today different. She gets in. I reverse,
BAM. Good thing I was driving slow.
I stopped on impact. I said out loud, “What did I hit?” Thinking
my son in law left something in the driveway. I look in the mirror, all I see
is blue. it’s an amazon truck.
Apparently he stealthy pulled in the parking pad and I never
saw him.
In my defense neither did my daughter.
The driver was in the doorway, thankfully I didn’t hit him.
No damage to either vehicle.
I got out of the car and told him, “Sorry, Chemo brain.”
He laughed and said no worries I am not filing a report over
this.
We all had a good laugh.
At Starbucks a UPS truck was behind me as I was backing up,
I did not hit him.


No comments:
Post a Comment