Hope all of you had a great weekend.
I felt fine, but tired. Not sure why, I have to try to
hydrate even more. That has to be it.
Today I saw my PCP, lost some weight close to 8 pounds, but
my blood pressure dropped.
I have been doing BP readings in the evening and noticed last
week it started to lower.
I have always had high blood pressure, even with medication.
When I was in the hospital I was in hypertension crisis.
Every appointment it has been consistently high.
But now it is not. He took me off of one of my medications.
So I will keep an eye on it.
Last week I had an appointment for an MRI again. Another
brain one because they wanted to use the one at the cancer center. The ‘good’
machine. Why aren’t they all good? They said they may want to radiate that non
cancerous thing in my head which would need to be done within 48 hours of the
MRI.
I really don’t want radiation on something non-cancerous. I
have read up on it. I canceled it and asked to reschedule in a couple weeks. MRI
only. One, I just need to know how a chemo cycle is going to go without all
these appointments and having contrast shot into my body. Two, they are doing
major construction getting into town so an hour drive is now 90 mins.
They said, “Someone from scheduling will call you back.”
No one did. I went in this afternoon, into the app to check
in for my PCP and there were two appointments for Wednesday. One for
consultation and the other for MRI. The appointments are 3 hours apart, with
the consultation being first. Which means, timeline wise, I have to leave at 9
and won’t get home until after 6. Yeah. No.
I checked my phone for missed messages … nothing.
They just scheduled without checking if the dates were okay.
No, no they aren’t. So, they think because I have cancer my entire life is
sitting around waiting for them to tell me where to go next?
Now I have to call tomorrow and reschedule.
It just irritates me.
I get it they want to double check what’s in my head, but
that entire ordeal a few weeks back was a waste. Why didn’t I just go to the
good MRI in the first place.
A part of me feels because I qualified for that special ‘pay
for all breast cancer insurance’ that they are just taking advantage of it. Had
I had my other insurance, I am pretty sure it wouldn’t have authorized another
MRI so close.
Plus, okay, I have another reason.
The night before my first treatment, I woke up in a panic.
Total anxiety. I literally had to pray my way back to sleep.
See my father died young. I kept a diary back then.
I am superstitious and had the coincidences and I wanted to
cancel the MRI and radiation.
My father was diagnosed with cancer on June 7, 1988. (I was
diagnosed on June 2nd)
My father started treatment on July 6. (I started July 7)
My father had a massive stroke on July 16 from complications
from treatment. I thankfully surpassed that nine day mark and my BP has gone
down.
They started treatment again on my dad and ten days later,
again, adverse reaction to the treatment, my father passed away August 2 1988,
I passed the stroke time line. I just want to pass my father’s
timeline. I know things have changed in forty years, but I can recall as I approached
my 48th Birthday, being nervous until I turned 48 and outlived my
dad. This is sort of the same thing.
Okay I am done being miserable about it. On a brighter note,
Avenger’s Doomsday come out in a few months, the trailer was released. I am a
huge Avengers fan.
Countdown is on.
7 treatments until Avengers!

I am keeping you in my prayers . You’ve got this!!
ReplyDeleteI never thought I’d outlive my father. He died at 41 eight days before I turned 8. When I hit forty, we celebrated. And I have to be honest, it was truly something I viewed as benchmark in life. Part of me thinking; “is this the beginning of the end?” and another part wondering how I made it this far, and still yet another part of me that doesn’t have the time to worry about what’s coming- I have a family to feed, a wife and kids to take care of, a Kingdom to oversee, however meager it may seem to outside onlookers. Then April of 2025 came. I successfully outlived him. And on my birthday, I felt this sense of, I don’t know, knowing? A knowing calmness. For the first time in my adult life I felt like I was steering. I wasn’t just a passenger in the ride of life, and I hadn’t been for a long time. You helped get me behind the wheel. If I had no other reason, that alone would be enough for me to love you, defend you, fight with and for you. Our family is a strong one, and that strength comes directly from you. Maybe we should make a family night out of the new Avengers? Been a long time since we got everyone together for a good movie. Just a thought…
ReplyDelete