As I have been saying for days, going … going …
So I really wanted to hold on to my hair for the memorial jam
for Ron. I got up and sang (I’ll include the link at the bottom if you want to
take a peak)
Every day I woke up a bit more of my scalp was shining
through.
Hold on. Hold on. Just until Sunday. I really don’t know why
it was important. I have been suffering social anxiety since my diagnosis. I
did not have that today. It was more self consciousness about my appearance.
I was doing good and then I showered this morning before I
went to work at the church. Washing my hair, my hands were covered with hair.
When I got out of the shower, it was all over the tub.
It was a shock when I looked in the mirror and not really a
good look. I added some gel but it wasn’t working. I became that look I didn’t
want … a nuclear war survivor or someone from the cast of The Day After.
I messaged Michelle my hairdresser and told her it was time.
It had to go.
My look at church didn’t matter much, but for the memorial jam
it did. I grabbed a ball cap a friend sent that said, ‘Chemo Hair, I don’t care’
and went to the jam.
To my surprise Michelle showed up with Joe, I was happy to
see them. And she brought clippers and a cape.
I took off my cap for the song, let the hairs fly, sang and
after we shaved it off.
While some people wouldn’t call it my shining grandmother
moment, I shaved it in front of 6 of my grandkids. I figured let them see it go
instead of being shocked when they see it off.
This is a screen shot of my youngest while it was getting done!
So that is my update! Getting ready for round two.
If you want to see the shaved head video it’s on my FB page,
and here’s where you can catch a glimpse of my singing Stevie Nicks with my sons and old
bandmates. CLICK HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment