Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Infuriated is an Understatement

 


If you saw my FB post today I am livid.

Let me give you the background story. The background is not the source of my anger. FYI

 A year ago my son in law brings home a dog. He swore he got it from a coworker, who got it from a pound. She wasn’t cute or good and the pound thing was a lie. How do I know? Because the dog got pregnant. My daughter didn’t want the dog, never did, and told him to get rid of it. It’s been a fight. The dog is a terror. Won’t train and chews everything.

Get rid of it.

He swore and swore he had a home for it and was working on it. Now the dog is impregnated again. My daughter is furious and told him the dog goes or she does. My daughter’s best friend who happens to be married to my son in laws brother, got wind of it, and messaged him gently, telling him with all my daughter has going on, get rid of the dog.

She was nice about the way she said it. I saw the text. Well, he wasn’t having her tell him and came at the best friend hard. Like he was personally offended.

Now, the source of my infuriation. This is a screenshot of a text her sent her.

 


There’s a lot that pissed me off. They are run ragged? He’s run ragged? I see him once every other week and that’s when I drive him to the store because he doesn’t have a license. I’m not too sick to ask for that, am I? No one cooks for me, waits on me hand and foot. Brings me a water when I’m too sick to move from the couch. I’m alone. I take care of myself.

My daughter, not him, helps me with errands during the day. But I still drive there. And to use me as his excuse. To argue with her and his defense is my cancer card? How dare he? How dare he not only say I’m dying but call me the ‘F****g mother.’ This text is like his pity party Facebook posts. Disgusting. I told my daughter all of this. Maybe I’m over reacting. But damn it, I needed to vent.

Again, to repeat my Facebook post, no one dealing with cancer is dying. We’re trying hard to beat it. To say I am dying ….and to do so as a point of argument to make his sister in law feel bad. What a piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment