Sunday, September 13, 2026

If it's not one thing

 


As you can tell no glam day. Violet went to a friend’s after school especially since finding out my Ramen Now machine didn’t show up.

Jokes on her, it showed up this weekend. But I did try it and make it. The teens are gonna love it, me, I think it takes as long as making it on the stove.

I’ll let her have a go at it after school.

Special shout out to Pam for the super fun socks she gave me. I am so excited to wear them to treatment.

Speaking of which ….

Friday late afternoon I get a call from my doctor, that CT scan I had three weeks earlier to check for Pneumonitis the results came back. Pneumonitis is a worrisome thing that can happen with this treatment.

Since we didn’t hear anything, we assumed everything was good. The scan showed very early signs of it. Now they haven’t given me anything for it except instructions to call if I get a worsening cough, shortness of breath, and or fever. Until then they’re gonna let the pulmonary doctor decide whether we pause treatment until it clears up, lower the dose or keep going. I see her in a week.

I don’t want to pause this treatment. As sick as it makes me, I know it is working.

I have to put my faith in God that He will guide me to what’s best.

But I do have to let my care team know I developed a cold. I felt out of sorts today and when I got home and rested after church, took a nap, I woke up feeling like a sinus infection has set in.

Great. What’s normal for everyone else, I have to call a doctor about.

I will not be a happy camper if this lands me in the hospital. From what I see on the support group I am in, they are quick to throw you in a hospital bed.

So if you think about it, can you toss prayer my way?

On a brighter note, this is day 6. Usually my appetite is gone and I am feeling nauseous. Today I am keeping it at bay and even eating.

Feed a cold, starve a fever. I don’t have a fever.

I’d rather eat with a cold, then feel pathetic with nausea.

I’ll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete