Monday, September 7, 2026

Peachy Keen

 


Wow, I have been bad with blogging! Last I blogged I was angry. I got over that. My son in law isn’t speaking to me lol. That doesn’t bother me.

So tomorrow is treatment four and two months since my first treatment.

As all of you know, my hair started thinning, I cut it short and then it kinda splotchily disappeared and I buzzed it. I buzzed it with hope that it was it. Well with the exception of the weird sideburns I have happening, I have like only ten percent of my buzzed hair remaining so I’m pretty bald.

Today … I showed my daughter and she confirmed, I have peach fuzz. Gosh, I hope it stays just on my head, I read horror stories of women getting it on their face too.

It’s white, but I googled and most peach fuzz starts out white or colorless. Unlike traditional chemo, this treatment is gene targeted so after your body adjusts, ‘supposedly’ the hair will grow back even if you are still in treatment.

Of course, these same experts said ‘supposedly’ I wouldn’t go bald, but here I am. While I still have most of my eyebrows and I no longer have to shave my legs, my right arm pit refuses to stop growing hair.

I am excited and nervous to see what tomorrow brings. I am praying my tumor markers went down. And I am confident I didn’t lose the weight I had the previous three treatments.

I keep a dairy of symptoms and color code the days.

Green is a good day.

Yellow means I had issues but rolled with it.

Red means the couch was calling me and I had very little energy.

Last treatment I had 11 red days, this time I had only four. But I did have more yellow days. I blame those on the sudden onset of acid reflux that I hope I have under control. Plus this last cycle I took my meds before I needed them.

This next cycle, so far, I am having nothing added to treatment so I will get to feel how it really effects me.

Tomorrow my son, Drew takes me to chemo, this will be interesting. Every kid of mine brings a different vibe. This is his first time taking me to treatment.

I have my wonder woman socks ready to wear (Thanks Katie) and I plan to be upbeat, positive and a tiny ray of sunshine for those working tomorrow.

I will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment