Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Cylce 5 - Day 1 - Thinness

 I think, or one would think I would have this down pat. I slept in today, not sure why I thought I could wake up up 7:45. Maybe I was thinking about working church. Anyhow, made it on time.

I looked mighty fancy and made a lot of people smile! Treatment went well, fast and easy.

This is me getting into my daughters car lol

Allie wasn't ready for they way I was dressed!

I was watching Food Network and got so caught up, I yelled out, “Jet, come on!” (Jet Tila)

My nurse, Jen thought I was yelling for her and hurried to me. I have to be more careful. Apparently no one watches the TVs

It went well. My weight dropped again. Down to 106. My oncologist isn’t concerned because she said my body is using all the energy to fight so I am burning calories.

I made the decision. Since I did that editing project, I was going to try something. There is a gourmet high calorie meal service that does gourmet puree delivery. It’s not expensive, same price as a doordash meal that I’ll never finish.

Now, I am positive that they won’t be good. But my problem seems to be on Days 6-12, I don’t eat because after 3 bites, I’m full or nauseous.

Unless it’s an applesauce cup or yogurt then I can eat the whole thing. But that’s not a lot of calories.

These meals aren’t much bigger than an applesauce cup and average 500 calories.

It's worth a shot. Hey, if I can finish 4 ounces of applesauce surely I can finish 4 ounces of pureed chicken parm. And they are designed for people who have digestive issues and or on Chemo, too. It won’t be the only thing I eat. The catch line is food is medicine.

For now I am taking advantage that while hopped up on steroids and other pre-chemo meds, I am going to eat!

I would like to add this. If I could feel this way every day, I would be so much better. Why can’t I get the same pre-meds during this cycle say Day 7?

No comments:

Post a Comment