Monday, August 3, 2026

Day Six Strikes Again


I know I have been absent this weekend. Just didn’t want to bore you with mundane stuff.

Did the transfusion work? Hard to say. I was still sick last night, Day Six in the evening, same as last cycle. Not as sick as I was last time. And I did pretty good today, again, until this evening. Now I am tired, not hungry but am gonna try to force myself to eat something. I did have broth today and some egg custard (Thanks to Nancy from church).

I am charging my medical marijuana pen. I don’t utilize it enough, but I think I’ll try it tonight to build an appetite.

Maybe some toast with apple butter.

Honestly, more than nausea it’s just tiredness. I don’t want to do anything.

Last night, I sat with my phone and wrote so that was something.

I have three appointment all on Wednesday. MRI, radiologist, then PT. The first two are across the river on the far side of town, the PT is close to home.

I just hate having to go into town. It’s a long drive during rush hour and I have to find someone to take me because I’m not supposed to drive too far on my medication. Which means I have to inconvenience someone to drive me.

Trying to do that now, have maybe my son drop me off and my daughter come and get me.

Really, I wish I didn’t have to do this.

It means getting up at six in the morning when I am already so tired. I just keep telling myself it’s only a few days out of three weeks and I have to endure this because it’s working.

I did however look at my chemo schedule and saw 48 Hour Film Fest is the weekend before a treatment. Meaning that should be a ‘feel good’ weekend, so I signed up. Those of you who know me, know I do it every year, so I am gonna do this.

Those of you who don’t know what that is. It’s where you go on a Friday, get your genre, required elements and make a short film, turning it in within 48 hours.

Should be fun.

Fun.

Fun for me would be eating a giant dish of pasta without worry of getting sick.

Okay I’m complaining. Just know it’s more so about these appointments this week.

Most of the time, in the day I feel good. I haven’ missed work at the church.

I am grateful that God has me. And just so you know, every time someone tells me they’re praying for me, it means a lot.

So I am going to end this boring update.

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop!

6 comments:

  1. I like that expression "I'm glad that God has me" Enjoy the 48 hour Film Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray every night for you. I don’t ever think your posts are boring! You’re sharing your experiences with others who may be going through the exact same thing you are and you never know how much that could mean to others. Please rest and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil Clark (son in law #1)August 4, 2026 at 3:02 PM

      Appreciate your support, more than you can be told here. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. God has you, we have you. So much love and prayers coming your way.🙏🏻💖🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie just remember when u qrowing for these appts. That you do have stage 4 cancer and these appts. Are to keep an eye on ur progression of ur chemo because its a trial treatment and everyone differant on how it works for a You I remember marge doing the trials that is what kept her alive and kept the cancer from spreading so fast she was give i thing 2years and lived i believe almost 4 and a half i know its hard and a pain as it was for marge I went to everyone with her why cant u see if u can do ur treatments at st clair I believe they have a cancer treatment center tell them it is hart for u to grt to and from there see what they say. Do you remember sandal baker she graduated with my sister Jodie they have been friend forever she works at st clair cancer department

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about my spelling errors lol

    ReplyDelete