Not sure how long this post will be. But I wanted to share how my weekend has been going. Last you heard, I was pretty miserable. Physically. Yesterday (Saturday) I started feeling better from the mild flu like symptoms and decided, you know what? Sunday is Day 6, the start to my sick days, so I am making the best of the day. Pastor Matt gave me Sunday off, Saturday I went to the church and prepped the sound booth for my substitute. Then knowing Aiden, my oldest grandson needed a haircut for school and I need a protein packed Starbucks. I picked him up.
Look I am going to be honest, since being bald and wearing a
cap, I don’t like going in any place where people know me Including Starbucks.
I’ll go to another one, not my regular. I figured Aiden was with me, I’ll just
send him in to pick it up.
I sent him a text and this was his response. How sweet is
he.
Off we went, forgetting … that not only do I suffer from bald
headed social anxiety now but my grandson suffers from severe social
awkwardness.
What a pair. We pull into Starbucks and he says he would go
in with me. UG. I took a deep breath and told him ‘I got this’, ran in and got
my drink from the counter.
I got in the car. Proud of myself for braving the store. Took a sip, it didn’t taste right.
Damn Chemo taste.
“Who’s Gene?” he asked.
That’s when I realized I grabbed the wrong drink. Which
wouldn’t have been a big deal but Aiden thought it was the most hysterical
thing that poor Gene is probably in Starbucks looking for his drink and was pissed at me. I wasn’t
going back in so I went through the drive thru. He went on and on about this
guy Gene and how I took his drink.
Okay it was funny and you had to be there.
It was a good day. Today, day 6, I am being proactive. I
took my anti nausea meds this morning and then a full dose eight hours later.
So far, so good. I guess it helps now that I am taking the right amount. I found
out I should have been taking 8mg not 4. I am hoping it makes a difference.
Fingers crossed that CT scan comes back good tomorrow.

Great story. Hope it goes well tomorrow
ReplyDeleteWell, I love your grandson and I’m still chuckling about Gene getting the wrong coffee. Wishing you a good day. ~Pam
ReplyDeleteI love Aidan, too. The next time that I see that kid I am going to buy him a big bowl of soup! And maybe a sandwich! - Kathy C
ReplyDelete