Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Pretty in Pink

 


What a freaking hell week. Now, honestly, during the day I was fine. Really. Maybe a touch of nausea in the morning, but it went away, I’d do my errands and even for the most part was eating  lunch daily. Not a lot. A small lunch. Crackers in between. Then the sun goes down, I am sick.

It makes absolutely no sense.

Nothing works. Maybe a hit of the vape I have, but that doesn’t last long at all. And I can’t hit it constantly.

Three bites of food and I am done. The only thing I can eat more of is salad and that’s like playing Russian Roulette right now.

Anyhow, like Barry Manilow sang, “I made it through the rain,” I sing, “I made it through the week.”

It will all be worth it. I believe it.

Yesterday and today have been good, so I have no doubt I am on the upswing of things. I have been wearing a cap around the house, not because I don’t want to rock the bald, but because my grandson likes it cold, and actually I like it cold too but damn if my bald head doesn’t make me colder.

Oh, oh, my other grandson is here tonight. I think I’ll put the purple pixie on and see if they notice.

You know, Sunday, I went to work at the church. I felt fine once I got there and continued on with my day. Took a great nap (This is all coming to a point, I promise). Finished off my edits for my publisher,  I went to the store, even picked my daughter up at work that night. BUT, when I went to get on my PJs I realized my shirt was on backwards. Noticeably backwards. I wore it all day like that and not a single person said a thing to me. I’m wondering if people were just being nice. “Oh, she probably has chemo brain, let’s not embarrass her.”

Crazy.

Anyhow, back on track. Feeling better. I do plan on talking to my Onc team about how harsh this cycle was.

Now to put on that purple wig.

*EDIT* I walked in the room with the wig, my oldest grandson just stared and my 10 year old grandson was like, “That looks good on you.” Hmm, maybe I'll get violet to adjust it and wear it to lunch with Terri on Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. You might want to try gummies instead of the vape. They take longer to kick in but last much longer. Ask them at the place you get your vape which ones are best for nausea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for healing! Thank you for sharing your journey. I think the wig looks great 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the recommendation to try gummies. There is a wide variety available for nausea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the gummies recently with my hubby. I am pretty sure they were still kicked in the next day. We just did one gummy each and it was very nice and mellow yellow😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are Rockin’ that ‘do!! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete