Friday, August 7, 2026

Rough Week and Random Thoughts


This has been a rough week. I think I jinxed myself when I told people on Sunday that I was handling it better than I did the last time.

I really feel I would have bounced back had I not had that horrible day on Wednesday. I mean, Tuesday I was fine. I ate a McDonald’s breakfast burrito and didn’t feel ill.

I am down ten pounds so I have to feel better enough to eat calories.

Nothing this week tasted good. Except that burrito.

Then tonight, I was really craving Applebee’s chicken wontons. I go to order … they’re sold out.

Seriously.

The first food all week that I craved and couldn’t get it.

Just a miserable week that I plan on making better.

I have fallen behind on everything. Hopefully I’ll catch up on my writing and edits for my publisher this weekend.

I did however find two books in my vault that I never published.

I may work on them as well.

So this week, I decided to jot down random thoughts I had, thought I’d share them with you…

While I am not feeling my best I still drive locally but I am left to wonder when I give someone a ride, What part of “I’ll drive you but I’m not feeling 100%” do people not get? Just because I’m sitting in the car waiting on you doesn’t mean you can take forever in the store.

I think I am going to have to nix that.

What does it mean when people say I look good? I mean, do I look bad and they are trying to make me feel better? I don’t mind them telling me I look good.  But I wonder.

Having cancer makes you read other people’s Facebook posts from a different perspective.

 It’s not like I read it and think, ‘wow you’re nail broke, try cancer’. No, it’s like I really read and think about what they post. Other people’s dilemmas take my mind off things.

 Recipe reels all look good when I can’t eat them.

 And finally …. Do people who post ‘prayers needed” and don’t give a reason think their reason isn’t good enough for prayers so they don’t say why?

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon jackie😘🩷 And by the way up do look pretty good for whst you are going through... LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that I could fix egg custard with half and half plus extra eggs so I could get a bunch of calories plus protein. The sweetness tasted good so I could eat a good size helping.

    ReplyDelete