Monday, January 28, 2013

Real Life 'Red dawn' Invasion?

On the eve of what I am calling the ‘North Korean Missile Crisis’, the People’s Republic of China are planning a massive invasion of the United States.

The reason, like any creditor who is tired of waiting on their money, they are repossessing, foreclosing on America.

I found out, you know, by accident, when they accessed my computer and gave me the information. By accident.

Or so I thought. (Notice I cunningly did screenshots)

Living with me the last 36 hours has probably made my family a bit nuts. The other night I opened my computer to do research and Google was gone. Replaced with a site that said ‘Google’ but was in Chinese.
 
What the hell?

Immediately I think ‘weird’ virus and I run a scan, no wait, I run several scans. I even attempt to go to a restore point. Nothing. Every browser, when on Google went to this site. It said Google. So I decided to type my name in my Google search toolbar and it went to this angel on a dragon. Long blonde hair. She says new world, and a button that looks like ‘enter’ is there. I immediately clicked out, because I’m thinking my computer is now possessed.

I did everything, a DNS change, even updated my IP which oddly was now ;;1.

It didn’t work.  I quit for the night, but the next day, I was obsessed with it. So I put my name in the page’s actual search bar. This came up.

新单词
著名的民间传说传说传奇权威发布准确完整的故事。怀来沙城行会图例图例图例图例。强传奇制造的激情的水平。良好做法图例。国内到达设备图例。遵循所有该图例以遗憾的失败

Translate it is this.


Popular legends legend legendary folklore Authority published the full story accurate. Guild legend legend legend legend of shacheng. strong legendary made passion of levels. good practice legend. domestically arrive legend legend to equipment. follow to  fail that legend all to regret


Doesn’t look like much right? Bunch of words.  Until you remove all instances of the word 'legend'.


Popular legends legend legendary folklore Authority published the full story accurate. Guild legend legend legend legend of shacheng. strong legendary made passion of levels. good practice legend. domestically arrive legend legend to equipment. follow to  fail that legend all to regret


Read the first sentence.

Upon that, I freaked. The last couple lines do not make sense. But wait. Read them right to left from the end. Freaky huh?

At that point, the ‘new world title’ the ‘new world’ angel with blonde hair, I’m thinking, They’re coming. How ironic that I get this message when I seem to blame a lot on the Chinese in my PA books (No offense to my Asian American friends).
My son, thinking I have totally lost it, checks it out. Puts my name in the Google search bar and the Angel comes up. He wants to click on ‘Enter’, I’m freaking out.
“No, no, no!” I yelled. “Stop!”
“Why?”
“You don’t know. What if that is a secret coded message for a general and you press that button, you inadvertently launch some sort of massive nuclear strike. Shut it down. Shut it down now!”

He laughed. I did not. I had tech guy come over. Nothing worked, and with each passing hour, I grew more paranoid. Suddenly, I turned into my mother back in 1965 when she swore the Russians were invading and locked herself in a basement for weeks.

Then I took a break and tried the advice I got on facebook. I found an embedded virus in my hard drive. And my browser is back to normal. Google has returned. I on the other hand, still am not convinced that I didn’t stumble upon something.

Sense a book in this experience? Please, how can there not be for me? I’m a writer.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!!! Only you (and, possibly, me) would interpret something like this to mean a Chinese takeover of our country ;) Write the book--I can't wait to get hold of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Submit your blog or website now for indexing in Google and 300+ search engines!

    Over 200,000 websites submitted!

    Submit RIGHT NOW using I Need Hits!!!

    ReplyDelete