Monday, July 18, 2011

What's in a Dream?

Look at that face. Seriously, just look at it. Does she or does she not look like she should be an ad for poor starving children. Man, is that innocent face deceiving.
As a writer I have always become engrossed in my work. I cast my characters to make them real. I pick out songs, lately I have been watching the trailer to DAMAGES. Not that it has anything to do with what I am currently writing.
I honestly feel the more engrossed I am, the better I write. After all, if I believe the story is real, then my readers will too. With it though are drawbacks.
I am currently writing, After the Rapture. The title tells you a good bit about what its’ about.
Anyhow, I felt something missing from the book so I went back, scraped it and started again last week. It’s writing itself now. I have thrown myself into the story so much it is now scaring me.
Not unusual, when I wrote DUST, I swore the bombs were going to drop. I was sick everyday that I wrote the Flu. Now, I keep checking the babies to make sure they don’t disappear.
During my nap I had a vivid nightmare. It would have scared the hell out of me had it not ended the way it did.
I dreamt that this angel came to me and said that the rapture was coming. I didn’t believe her until (And this is the dream) I came home from DJing and the babies were gone. Baby Frank and Violet had vanished. I was freaking out in the dream, crying. Scared. I screamed for the angel, and told her I wanted the babies back. She said it couldn’t happen, it was the rapture, God’s rule. I didn’t care. I’d battle heaven and hell for my babies.
Next thing I know there’s three angels. I’m thinking in this dream they must have been scared of me. They told me it was God’s will. Stop causing a fuss.  Then one angel comes forward and says, “God has taken all the children from the earth. But . . .” Then she hands me Violet. “You can have this one back, because we just can’t handle her anymore.”
I woke up. Huh? Hmm. I wonder what my subconscious is saying to me about my granddaughter through that dream.

2 comments:

  1. Sad, scary, but oh so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Quite humorous! I can see in my mind the Lord saying something like "...Quick! Get Violet back down there before she does anything more! Let her Grandma take her back!.... Make sure you drop her off at Starbucks!"

    ReplyDelete