Monday, December 14, 2020

If the Covid World was actually ,...

 


I write apocalypse fiction and have done so for twenty years. In fact, I wrote apocalypse fiction before it was cool.

I am not a doctor or scientist. I can say I have put thousands of hours of research in. If I only do five hours a week for twenty years that’s 5200 hours of research on various survival, end of the world topics, half of which are viruses. Does that make me an expert? No, but it gives me lots of info that would make me a cool Jeopardy contestant. That being said, I decided to give an Apocalypse Writer’s take on Covid-19.

The reason I write this is because a lot of people don’t think it’s real or think people are overreacting, I just want to offer a ‘what if’.

Keep in mind this is me, an apocalypse writer offering an alternative fiction-like theory.

What if I wrote the novel, Covid-19? What if everything we were experiencing was a novel I was penning. The most hardcore apocalypse reader would probably stop a third of the way through and ask, “What gives? When do things pick up?”

Like in a novel, what if everything happening is all part of a bigger picture?

As so many have done, many people wonder if there is something they aren’t telling us. The reaction and precaution doesn’t match the threat. After all, how many times have you heard people toss out ‘flu’ stats.

What if …

There really is something they aren’t telling us? What if the immediate shut downs, the reaction isn’t just caution, but rather true concern and fear.

What it …

COVID-19 was manmade and/or a retrovirus, an RNA virus that inserts itself into our DNA. The scientific community are unsure of the long term effects and where the mutation inside of us could go, what it could do. What if they see signs of this and therefor delaying things, shutting things down gives them a chance to see what happens to the survivors, without tossing yet another worry object on our plate.

Oh wait … Covid IS an RNA virus. So, heck, that’s already possible.

Yeah, wouldn’t that explain the serious long term effects many people are suffering from now.

We all know it is carried in droplets and airborne, but what if … it’s a vector?

Carried in any insect you could imagine. What if they didn’t let that little fact out. Because that would be impossible to control. Wouldn’t that explain why some people (Like with Zika) don’t get symptoms, or why only some get respiratory and others don’t? The warmer weather, brought more insects, more infections? November is the heaviest lice season. If you consider bugs as major carriers, as they have been in past diseases, wouldn’t it make sense why they shut things down? Limit households mixing? Separate and social distance, especially at schools.

I wrote this theory blog because the writer in me thinks there is more and these answers above are what I say to people who question the virus and the actions to contain it.

I take it to my apocalyptic level and say ‘what if?’

 

*Image courtesy of Texas State University

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Personally I believe the virus was engineered/created to drastically lower the population all over the world. To take out as many as possible of the old,mentally ill, chronically ill, the weak, very poor and those hanging on to life by a thread handicapped and undesirable. I think it is being done in a way that makes it very hard to point a finger at any one source. Also they can blame any changes they make to the virus on mutation. I have not hard of anyone having the flue in the last 8 months. Who knew covid is a cure for the flu and all of the other respiratory illnesses we used to die from.Also have you noticed no one dies of complications of old age either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie I am not sure how to put my name to the above post Charlotte Cyhanick

    ReplyDelete