Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Talking Points Tuesday - State of Social Media Behavior

I am once again going to attempt to revive this blog. I thought about doing a new one, but decided, this one has been around a while. My granddaughter suggested a schedule would make blogging easier, if I knew what I was going to blog. . Although she is ten, she has 10k followers on tiktok so I’ll listen to her words of social media wisdom.

So … using her advice, it’s Talking Points Tuesday

Today’s Subject… Current Facebook Behaviors

These are my random thoughts of what I have been seeing on FB lately and I bet a lot of my points are reasons people are backing off.

  • People are getting stuck in a 'one subject' rut of posting
  • We all say we aren’t quick to judge, but we actually all are too quick to judge
  • It doesn’t matter how much you post about wearing masks, it won’t make a difference to those who won’t wear them, it will just ‘wear’ thin on your followers
  • The cancel culture doesn’t just apply to the famous. Unfriending over different political opinions is the same thing.
  • A lot of are taking the FB pulpit and preaching far too much
  • So, wait … liberals and conservatives can’t be friends?
  • Words like ‘idiot’ and ‘stupid’ are used far too much … by adults
  • Mob mentality can definitely can be applied to FB comments sections
  • If you can’t be polite or even decent in the wording of your FB comment, don’t comment at all
  • I miss seeing updates and pictures of people’s lives. What happened to that?
  • Where the heck did all the Cat Memes go?

 

Off my soapbox now.

Tomorrow - Word Sprints and Rewards


1 comment:

  1. I canceled all social media cause of all those things. Nice to know others think these things too. I thought all facebook people liked fb alot.

    ReplyDelete