Friday, March 12, 2021

In Search of Greg Kinnear

 


I know, I know, you’re probably thinking. “Stop with this strange behavior and write”

I will, I do, but first … Greg Kinnear.

He’s always been around. And no, for the record I didn’t just discover the works of actor Greg Kinnear. I remember seeing him in Dear God and thinking, ‘Wow, how awesome is this guy?’ Although I was a fan, I never really set out to conquer his catalog.

Until now.

Call it covid quarantine boredom or obsession, whatever the case I am finding myself watching his movies and only his movies. Well, that is until Kong vs Godzilla comes out.

Okay to be honest, I can’t blame it on my recent quarantine.

My obsession reignited when I saw him in the remake of The Stand. He played Glen Bateman and I have watched each episode three times. I loved the remake, I know I am the minority.

When it was over, I found myself needing to watch more Greg Kinnear. I know, that sounds weird, right? I never claimed to be normal.

Since my quest, I have rewatched, As Good as it Gets, Heaven is for Read (2x) and We Were Soldiers.

For the first time I watched, Stuck on You, Strange but True, Mystery Men, Last Song and  now my new and ABSOLUTE FAVORITE so far, Ghost Town. I’ll probably watch that again.

I know this blog seems weird and blogs serve like a diary, you can look back and see what you were doing or thinking at the time.

You’re probably asking, “why Greg Kinnear”. Well, he’s great but …. Look, if you’re like me and you want to watch something, you can spend as much time looking through Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc as you do watching the movie.

Picking one actor or actress narrows down your search. Try it, whether it be Greg Kinnear or someone else, you’ll spend a lot less time searching than before.

Off to decided which Kinnear movie to watch next.

2 comments:

  1. So is it really so weird? Looking for Greg Kinnear?

    Nope. What's weird is what are you going to say to him when you track him down. Mmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is late to mention, but.... Don't forget to watch the "Sabrina" remake with Greg Kinnear and Harrison Ford. Greg was so funny in that one, and I liked how his story line ended.

    ReplyDelete